Sunday, January 24, 2010

"ADORE"



Hi, this is a lo I did of my bf little girls Talia and Channelle, I just love these colours a sort of teal, aqua kind of colours. People have asked me if it was complicated to make and it was all the contrary. It may look complicated probably because of the pp, but it was all just assembly, the hard part was the thought process, lol.  I layered the bottom cardstock and cut a 12x12 pp, oh about and inch in and distressed the edges.  Then put on top the big tag and finished the layers with the yellow, to give it some spark and the pic.  On the yellow I used some Liquid Pearls in white and distressed the edges.  The flowers are just two different style punch-outs in different sizes that I inked the edges with Distress Inks blacksoot from Tim Holtz of Ranger, used two different pp for the punch out all in cordinating colours. The fence is a foam tape runner that I found at a bargin store here in Puerto Rico, but cant remember the name of the brand, it fell off, but I imagine you can find this in any local hobby or craft store. I you find it buy it it's definatly and investment.  The piece of resistance is the birdcage, this is a clear stamp from Basic Grey called Porcilain Avairy, I think, lol, that I embossed it in black embossing powder to give it that rich depth feeling.  Title, birds, branch and flowers all from Cricut cartridge Home Decor.
TIP, I like to layer alot but for me sometimes the edges sort of blend a bit, I remedy this by distress, inking or using faux sewing, which is nothing but drawing the stitching lines by hand.  I love the effect of stitching on the edges but Im sooooooo lazy to go to the sewing machine and doing it, so what better way I found to just draw them.  Some perfer the actual stitching, which is fine, but I feel I get a similar affect for what I need. Best investment for this is white journaling pen and any rich dark black fine marker, thanks take care!!!

No comments: