Hi, this is a layout I did of, again, my bbf's little girl. I tried to step out of my safe zone here with all the tones of pinks and bright green. Hope it came out okay, lol. This is for the May 26 sketch over at Pages In Time.
- Just two layers here, first is regular textured dark pink card stock. The second is a paper I brought at my local scrapbooking shop but again for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, so sorry about that one....ah....I did it again.
- I then took a paper trim cut it up punched some holes in it and weaved the ribbon through the hole. This technique mind you is not of my own invention, lol, its a fabulous style from Grabrielle Pollacco. She's just such a talented person, love her work. On the side column of my blog is her blog site, just click and it will take you direct. Then I added a string of pearls to give it that shabby chic look to it and where the space is from weaving the ribbon I glued a flower.
- Then I took a scallop circle, inked the edges and punched holes close to the edge. Put some bling I have and placed it behind the photo.
- Under the photo I placed a liked peach coloured paper that I then trimmed with lace at the edge of the photo.
- I took three strips of mint green, soft pink and light olive, stamped them with a swirl style clear stamp in black Staz-on ink and inked the edges of the strips with Black Soot distress ink. I then turned down the corners in a ladder style to give it dimension. Fancy cut some fairy's from the G45 collection Once Upon A Springtime. The bunny, little mouse and bird are also from that collection.
- The flowers are from my own stash.
- The title is from the Cricut cartridge "George Basic Shapes" in dark brown cardstock.
- The fairies wings and the edge of the flowers where the ribbon is are painted in Stickles in Diamond.