Hi, thanks for stopping by. Here is a post card tin box I did for the DT challenge over at Pages In Time, its a wonderful site so go check it out, I'll post the link at the end. The challenge was to do a project, could be anything that incorporated a post card. So here is my take on the challenge.
- First I took a Maya Roads tin box where some clear stamps came in and alcohol inked the box inside and out in Expresso brown. Then I did some crackle paint on the outside in white acrylic paint. Can be any white acrylic paint, the one's you buy at your local department store in the hobby section. Then I went over it lightly with some Ranges Distress ink in Vintage photo.
- I then took a strand of pearls and hot glue gunned it on the outside edge of where the transparent acrylic meets the tin. Super easy and it just give it that super touch.
- Then I look some beautiful lace I just brought and glossy accent it to the inside part of the acrylic, note when working with transparencies its best to use glossy accents, hot glue guns just melt it away and other glues can leave a visible residue.
- I fancy cut and image for the Graphic 45's pp collection "le romantique" and glossy accented that image to the inside part of the transparent acrylic. I just love how the image of the lady is looking at something and we see just her back, perfect for the effect I was looking for to give it dimension.
- The flowers on the outside are from my personal stash of flowers I had of when I did hair bows for little girls. I took some that would go well in the overall colour and then took some little rose buds and did a spay of it top and bottom of the tin to sort of fame it. The little swirly wires are just the wire stems for the two big flowers I used. Doing that give it more interest and is great for filling in spots and not using up more flowers.
- The butterfly again is from the "le romantique" collection form G45.
- The inside. Well, I didn't have any post cards so I made my own from manila folder sprayed in Walnut Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and then edged in Walnut Stain distress ink. I then stamped a post card style stamp on it and some other little detail stamping to give it that post card look and gave it some faux stitching all the way around to sort of frame it.
- The image in the center again G45 le romantique that I fussy cut it. The stamp in the left corner is just some stamp images that I googled and printed out on card stock and 3D glue dotted on the post card.
- I did a sort of faux cameo by cutting out an image from the G45 le romantique papers. I then inked the edge of the oval piece in Black Soot distress ink and UTEE heat embossed it three times to give it that sort of raised glass effect. You could of cracked the UTEE when it dried and then distressed inked the top and that would of given you a whole other effect, really great. But since the background of the image was already dark I just left it uncracked. Then I cut out a piece of dark cardstock in the same size as the image and glued around the paper some lace trim I had. After I then glued on top of that the image and for me it looks like a little cameo.
- The key is some light weight chipboard cut out of a Tim Holtz die, I think its called Hardware Findings.
- I then took the key shape and heat embossed it in Vintage Photo distress embossing powder, so great these powders to do distressed metal looks super recommend it. Embossed it, inked the edges black and then took some Dew Drop ink pad in Lightning Black and with my finger just gave it a touch here and there.
- The ribbon is white organza that I glimmer misted in Walnut Stain and heated up to give it that old crinkled look. Its great to heat it up, the heat if you leave it long enough will not only wrinkle the organza ribbon but will also give it like little holes at a point, great, seems like moths were eating it up because its old and all, lol. Didn't do it here because the space was so limited it would show well, but on a card, tag or layout, wow, looks fab.