Monday, May 2, 2011

DAYDREAM


Hi, this is a card I did for a colour challenge at Pages In Time. Wonderful site, informative and creative place where you can post your projects and get helpful insight on scrapbooking trends. 

Well the colour challenge was to be with teals, peach, beige, grey's and browns. Tried to do my best with the teal colour but I think it came out a little more bluish than green, oh well, close enough I hope, lol.

  1. The first layer is just bluish grey cardstock in a linen texture (the card itself). The second layer is cardstock in "teal" colour, lol in linen texture as well. On the edges I distressed inked it with "weathered wood" Ranger distress inks and blacksoot. Just makes it pop out with having to do another layer.
  2. The top layer is some pp that I found in my stash, but by the best of me I cant remember from what company or collection it is, sorry.....did it again......I promise I'll fix that big flaw of mine. I left it pretty simple, just distress inked the edges in "weathered wood, walnut stain and black soot", for the finish I sprayed it in Tattered Angels glimmer mist in "Walnut Gold".
  3. All the elements on the top that are vintage are from the Graphic 45's Le Romantique collection, just awesome papers....always....that I fancy cut out some details from different pages and layered on. I gave the card a little dimension by slightly off setting the detail off the edges of the top layer to give it a perception of dimension. Like for instance the ladie that is sitting down nex to the book, I left her shoes off the edge to the teal cardstock. Love how that came out, just gives it that little something.
  4. The 3-D puff flowers are punch outs from EK Success punch called Retro flower in small and the one they call whale of a punch. Painted them, bended them, wrote on them, inked them and whala!!! If you like my flowers and want me to do a tutorial, just leave me a comment and I'd be glad to. Sometimes I have a hard time describing what I do. 
Well, thanks for stopping by my blog, I love having you all come by and see my projects, much an honour.
Take care, thanks again and many blessing!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this card was absolutely stunning! We are SO excited to have you as part of our Design Team at Pages In Time! You do such fabulous work!

ms.schwiet said...

very impressive

Jolaine Frias said...

Hola Janet! Soy tu nueva seguidora, muy lino tu blog y tus hermosos trabajos! Que bueno encontrar a otra scrapbooker latina!