Hi, thanks for stoppin by and taking the time to look at my work.
Well, this card is not that difficult to do, but the process of it recked my mind, lol. But once I got the idea it was good to go. This card if for my darling neighbor, that she is all so sweet, She's the kind of person that you just can't be depressed around. In her eye (and really it is) everything around her is perfect and nothing is a terrible problem, don't you just love it. I always use to stop on over her house to have coffee (one of the best around) and lately because of work I haven't seen much of her. So this is a little I appreciate you card I made for her. It was intended to be bright and shinny like she loves those colours, but like always I stuck to my safe and comfy earthtones, lol, oh anyway, I think she'll like it, she's so easy to please, lovely person.
Okay to the "nitty gritty" lol, I don't know how to explain to well this project so I'll do it in steps so I won't miss out on anything, well I hope!!! Top to bottom lets go:
- The ribbon, oh, that was a beaty that came out of a big boo-boo, lol. I took some white ribbon and sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in walnut. Then I inked the edges in distress ink in Walnut Stain (fav). Okay the big boo-boo, I heat dryed the glimmer mist......on......you guessed it....ORGANZA!....it almost melted before my eyes, lol. Had no idea organza was so not heat resistant. But, I noticed that it gave it a crinckled, burnt (dah) old look to it...cool!....I loved it. So that's the organza ribbon saga, lol. but really if you want to give a old look to organza ribbon just heat it up and thats the result, make it a little longer than the acutal size becuase it will shorten on you.
- The back of the card, which is the dark brown pp on the back is actually light weight chipboard that I cut just about oh half and inch for the edge of the tag so I could give it that slanted effect to it. I ink the edges up before putting on the pp, any kind of dark dye ink would do it just to give the chipb. a more finish look. On the back of the chipb. is just dark brown cardstock, and just glue them down.
- The card itself is just a manilla folder I had that I cut up in a tag style close to the fold of the paper, so when I finished cutting it I would get the folded card effect (hope that made sense). Then I stamped a french script stye stamp on the front and clear heat embossed it. I took Glimmer Mist in Walnut and spayed it. After I inked the edges of the front of the card with Walnut Stain DI, love how it gave that ghost like effect to the letters. Then I stamped with Staz On Black ink this wonderful stamp set called Botanical Garden from Pink Paisley, just love it. Took a cut out of a pp from the same company and collection of the butterflies, inked the edges and glued it on slightly slanted so the images would show through. Cut out some butterflies from the pp of Bo Bunny's Gabrielle collection and glued on.
- The flowers are punched out of an EK Success punch, I think its called Retro Flower. To give it that little design on the tip of the petal I took a regular hole puncher and half way into the little hole I placed the petal and you get that half punch effect. Then just painted the flower to coordinate with the tag and added my bling in the middle. The little dot are just done with a black pen, good to give it detail.
- So it won't be just all so flat to give it some dimension I put the tag on pop dots, and held the card shut with a.....hehehe.....homemade, imitation style Tim Holtz paper clip. Just used a regular paper clip and inked it with alcohol inks from ranger in Pitch Black and Expresso.
I didn't do it here but you can also take the chipb. and make a little mount on the back so a person can display the card like a picture frame, it's not hard to do. If you want a tutorial on it just leave me a message or email me and I try to make a video out of it or a step by step pic tutorial.
Well hoped you liked my "little" explanation, thanks again for stoppin by, bye!!!!