Saturday, April 2, 2011

untitled (graphic 45 "once upon a springtime"


Hi, I brought about a week or two ago this WONDERFUL, paper collection from graphic 45's "Once upon a springtime". I must say its sooooo rich in colour and design, well like all there work, but this one just seems to pop.

Well for this card I did a lot of matting to define the edges so the pinks and beiges wouldn't mix and white wash together, give it a nice thin border around. Used an olive green linen textured cardstork for the base of the card heavyweight of course (because of the matting) and distressed the edges with walnut stain.

Tried to keep the front as simple as possible because I just fell in love with that printed paper of the pink flowers. It's so beautiful in itself that I tried not to cover it up much. So I took on of the die-cut tags that are already in the back of the collection and distress inked the edges again with walnut stain. I do that to all the little front elements so that the won't fade into the background, because all the colours are so similar. The little round circle with the flower is also a die-cut. The butterflies are from Bo Bunny's "Gabrielle" paper collection thats out. It also is wonderfully awesome. I used this ivory ribbon I had to give it a bit of a more romantic girly feel to it. The brown paper in the corner is again to set the tag apart from the background to give it that sense of dimention and ripped the edge of the brown paper to give it a distressed feel and inked it as well is WS ink.

Thanks for stoppin by and looking hope you liked it and most important found it useful and got ideas, bye!!!

No comments: