Saturday, April 16, 2011

HERMANAS (sisters)


Hi, hope everyone is well. Now with this layout I had such a hard time, lol, because the papers from the Bo Bunny collection "Gabrielle" are so rich in beautiful detail, I just didn't know where to start without destroying or covering some lovely design. So I made my selection of the main pp and just "literaly" stared at it for about fifteen minutes before even thinking of what to do or where to start, lol, lol. My husband would pass by the room and say "still?", lol, I'd scream "leave me alone your destroying my mental process", hahahaha, and we'd start laughing!!!

Okay, on to the knitty gritty. Here when I finally decided to dive into it, I started by ripping the paper. First I placed the photo and ripped away at the main pp. Inked the edges with walnut stain distressed ink (the one I used throughtout the who lo), then sandwiched in the middle a pp of graphics 45 Once upon a springtime so it would show between the ripps. I didnt want to curl both sides of the torn part so it would have more interest so I just added a brad to one side. I'm a brad freak, but Im in rehabilitation on that part, lol. Then I matted the photo with some postcard I cut out of the Once upon a sprintime collection. I also fancy cut the little baby on the bird that has the ribbon in the peak, just love how it looks like the bird is trying to fix the torn paper. The pink of the ribbon and the pink of the torn part seemed to go well, I hope, lol. Then added a bunch of tags everywhere, again from OUAS collection. To top it off I made my own flowers, painted them, and scattered them around the page. I tried no to over add colour to this layout, because I thought it would make the page to complicated, seeing that it is so elaborate already, so I just made the flower a simple tone on tone by just distressing the edges painting the centre a olive green, misted them with smooch brown colourand added some colour in the centre so they wouldn't white wash with the background.

Okay I hope that made sense, lol. Im not good at describing my ideas in words, lol. Thats why I post my lo's way before I acutally post them on my blog, got to better my timing, geesh!!!

Thanks for stopping bye any doubts or question leave me a comment or email me, thanks again!!!

1 comment:

Tina Connolly said...

Stunning, I love how you've combined my two fav papers!