Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Remember this moment" (graphic 45 collection "Once upon a springtime")


Hi, this is a card I recently did and I wanted to do a blue toned card and since this collection is so rich in colour, its greens, blues and pinks are just fabulous.

Here I matted two layers on baby blue heavyweight cardstock in linen texture. Then as not to mat so much I distressed inked the edges of the layers in Chipped Saphire and distressed. I used two die-cut tags from the collection and distressed inked the edges in Walnut Stain. I fancy cut the little bird and baby in the bottom left corner inked and put it on pop dots. The ribbon is of my stash and I had a variety of ribbons that would of gone great here but I didn't want to hide that wonderful pp so I saw this ribbon and thought "perfect" I inked the edges a little with Vintage Photo distress inks and loved it, gives it a move vintagi, shabbish look to it, lol, I hope. The flowers I punch out with my Ek success punch in small and inked the edges with Chipped Saphire and Black Soot distress inks then with my fine tip black marker I gave the petals some little dots and cut little triangles at the edge of every petal (like the dogwood flower) smooshed misted it in yellow and added the bling in the middle. The words are from my new clear stamp that says "Remember the moment" thought it was a good buy because it just fits any activity or occasion.

Thanks for stoppin by and looking, hope you liked, bye!!!