Saturday, January 23, 2010


"KARINAS CARD"

Hi, this is a card I did for my neighbors little girl Karina, her favorite colours are pink and soft purple, so choosing the colour wasn't hard, lol.  I tried to make it simple so it would look delicate. Did layering, used ribbon, for girls cards I like to use ribbon when possible, gives it that touch, try it!  I'm into brads do here its a little obvious, lol.  The flower is just some prima plain white flower that I painted with acrylic paint and gave it that extra somthing using glossy accents from ranger, makes it look plastice but soft.
Tip, try to always get plain white flowers and paint them your selves, apart from that extra feeling of accomplishment it will be totally unique to the page.
Tip, when painting flowers or altering them I have found that diluting the acrylic paint (just regular, little bottle acrylic hobby paint) with water will give you very different looks. Very diluted a soft tone and straight from the bottle more harsh, all depends on the effect your striving for.
Hope you liked the card, Karina did, lol, thanks for looking!!!

No comments: