Saturday, January 23, 2010

"QUE PRECIOSAS"


"QUE PRECIOSAS"
(so precious)

Here I needed to fill in the left side of the purple paper and didn't know what to do, untill I remembered my Tim Holts flourish mask.  Must say did the trick, I used some distress ink in vintage photo to give it the effect, then spayed it with some Tattered angels Maghogany colour, to give it that fine glitter effect. Then used some Liquid Pearls to give the flourished mask some more detailing (love details) so it would pop out. The butterflies are just some punch outs from regular pink cardstock that i inked the edges and embossed.  The flowers are the perfect example of what I wrote in anothe lo of using plain white paper flowers and painting them and stamping them. Here I took the flowers painted them, waited for them to dry and stamped on them with white chalk ink. Finished off with brads in the center. Like I try to do when using little girl lo I made one of the flowers of pink ribbon.
TIP,  when you see scrapbooking papers with different designed edges, usually scalloped, buy one that is a thicker paper like cardstock and don't use it and have it as a template to keep using. Just reverse the side of the one lo paper and draw the outline of the template paper, I usually do it on the side Im not using in case my lines show, then just cut it out.  A very frugal way to do it, but effective!!!

No comments: